OPERATIONS: DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
The Director of Operations is responsible for partnering with the Executive Director to manage the buildings and property of The Woodlands United Methodist Church (TWUMC) across two campuses in The Woodlands and Woodforest, TX (approximately 400,000 square feet of buildings situated on 40+ acres). TWUMC properties function as worship centers, full-service conference center, and private Christian school (pre-K through 8th grade).
The Director of Operations oversees the following departments: Facilities, Information Technology, Food Services, Bookstore, and Main Office Reception, as well as key vendor partnerships for Housekeeping and Groundskeeping.
- Manages all aspects of Facility Operations and Maintenance, including mechanical maintenance and operations, environmental aesthetics, including cleaning and maintenance, and custody / care over building and grounds.
- Serves as liaison to Building Committee, overseeing contracting and construction, both new and remodeling.
- Oversees all aspects of building security, including liaison with local police authorities (Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office).
- Develops and administers church policy for purchasing or leasing, office furniture and equipment, vehicles, furnishings, and insurance.
- Provides oversight to service contracts such as maintenance, painting, roofing, landscaping, security, and general contracting, including remodeling and expansion. Personally oversees projects as needed.
- Provides oversight for Information Technology department, including computing, voice and data communications and network infrastructure.
- Manages janitorial/set-ups contract including setting and monitoring service standards, compliance, and general vendor management activities.
- Provides oversight for Facilities scheduling and main office reception.
- Interfaces with church governance committees on maintenance, capital and long range planning.
- Manages an annual Facilities operating budget of approximately $3M and a capital budget of approximately $0.5- $1M annually.
- Oversees the Food Services and Bookstore departments including Fireside Café, and Kitchen/catering operations.
- Performs other duties as directed by the Senior Pastor or the Executive Director.
LEADERSHIP / SUPERVISION
Directly supervises Facilities management team, Director of Food Services & Bookstore, and Director of Information Technology. Key interface to Church ministry, and administrative staff on all Facilities / Operations matters including being of general support. Reports to the Executive Director.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering or related field
- 10-15 years of management experience in Facilities, Property Management, or Building/Grounds Maintenance
- Experience in managing construction and large-scale capital projects
- Experience supporting a multiple client environment, exceptional communication and relationship management skills
This is a full-time, exempt management position. Monday through Friday, some weekends and evenings required. Eligible for full benefits package.
Contact Sarah Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.