Art with Vision: A Creative Bible Study
Tuesday at 1:00 PM
Art with Vision aims to use biblical art to inspire deeper engagement with Scripture. It is an exploration of God’s Word on canvas through the artists’ eyes. We meet for 8 weeks, during the fall, spring and summer. During the 8 weeks, we share the art creation journey, gain confidence, and encourage one another to continue the process of completing their art pieces, which will later be on display.
Tuesdays, June 7 - August 9, 2022 | 1:00 - 2:30 p.m. | Room B202
Art with Vision aims to use biblical art to inspire deeper engagement with Scripture. It is an exploration of God’s Word on canvas through the artists’ eyes. This unique Bible study brings together Scripture texts, visual art, and discussion questions for those who want to grow artistically while deepening their faith and building encouraging relationships.
We hope artistic creativity based on Scripture will help God’s message settle deeply in the hearts of the artists as well as those who enjoy seeing and experiencing the art produced in this class.
Come join us to read, respond, and reflect on God’s Word and make beautiful images through His inspiration.
About Art with Vision
Art with Vision originated in 2009 with the desire to create original works of art while focusing on a specific sermon topic or hymn, scripture reading and the Holy Spirit; then using that art as a vessel to inspire growth for the artists and others.
It is a place where artists come together to enjoy sharing God’s word, lifting each other up in prayer, and encouraging each one’s creative integration of faith and artistic inspiration.
- Advance their artistic disciplines by “completing” their artwork, for a purpose.
- Experience fellowship, as well as accountability within a supportive group.
- Discover fulfillment as they use their talents to glorify God.
- Further their spiritual walk with Jesus.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Bible, Sketchbook, pencils/color pens
- An open mind and willingness to change one’s life and the lives of others in a positive way.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- Artists (including a wide range of skill levels)
- Anyone who wants to experience using their artistic gifts in a meaningful way
- Participants need to register for each session that meets for 8 weeks; beginning January, June and September.
Instructor: Julie Graham
Julie has facilitated Art with Vision for the past 13 years and welcomes anyone who is interested in giving it a try. She is a retired art teacher with 25 years of service with CISD, has taught for The Glade Art Foundation, and currently teaches art classes online. She has participated in numerous art festivals/shows and enjoys being of service and producing the Art with Vision displays for TWMC. Mostly, she has a heart for Christ and loves sharing the gospel with others.
Back to groups