Wednesdays 6:30 - 8:00pm | September 9, 2020 - December 9, 2020
Study #1: September 9, 2020 - October 21, 2020
What Matters Most: A Study of Philippians by Karen Ehman
The world has always been full of trials, disappointments, temptations, fractured friendships, and financial hardships. Yet Paul's letter to the Philippians claims we can discover contentment and joy in the midst of it all by prioritizing what matters most-Christ.
Over 7 sessions, study the ever-relevant Letter of Philippians to deepen your relationship with Jesus, turn your worries into worship, and develop gospel-centered tools for navigating relational conflict.
Study #2: October 28, 2020 - December 9, 2020 (no meeting
November 25, 2020)
Fierce Women of the Bible Who Changed the World by Jennifer Cowart
Learn from the fierce women of God who changed the world. The word fierce is trendy. It is used to describe women who are extreme athletes, high-level executives, or supermodels. Women at the top of their game. But what about the rest of us? Can we be fierce? Absolutely! In fact, women like us have been changing the world for thousands of years-many who received little fanfare yet lived fiercely anyway.
In this six-week study we will look at lesser-known female characters in the Bible and the ways they changed the world by living into God's calling, including:
- The midwives of Egypt (Shiphrah and Puah), who made hard decisions in the face of evil
- Deborah, who was an unlikely and powerful leader
- Naaman's slave girl, who bravely points others to God's healing power
- The Woman at the Well, who boldly repented and shared her faith
- Lois and Eunice, who parented with intentionality and effectiveness
- Dorcas, who showed kindness to those in need
As we explore their lives, we will discover how we too can live into our callings, honor the Lord, and even change the world through our courage, faithfulness, and obedience.