Children's Ministry: Loft Elementary Ministry Leader
This position is part-time, 20 - 25 hours per week with flexible work hours, involvement in staff meetings, events pertaining to Elementary Ministries and Children’s Ministry sponsored events. Sunday morning availability required. This position is part of our Loft Community Children’s Ministry. Reports to the Director of Elementary Ministries.
Skills and requirements
- Strong, growing Christian with a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and able to share Christ’s love with others.
- Elementary teaching certificate and/or experience working with elementary aged children preferred.
- Attend and participate in elementary ministry staff meetings, departmental meetings and all church staff chapels and meetings.
- Recruit, train and appreciate Loft volunteers.
- Communicate and work with all church staff, volunteers and parents.
- Collaborate with Elementary team to plan, implement and modify curriculum for Elementary aged children.
- Knowledge of the Bible and ability to retell bible stories developmentally appropriate for elementary aged (1st – 4th grade) children.
- Participate in planning and implementation of Children’s Ministry Events.
- Preparing Keynote presentations for Sunday School.
- Responsible for coordination and communication for Loft Sunday School volunteers and Sunday morning interns.
- Submit supply and resource needs to be filled by administrative assistant.
Program Involvement / Sunday Mornings:
- Lead children 1st through 4th grades in a large group and small group settings in Loft Community.
- Implement and deliver a developmentally aged appropriate curriculum, activities and resources.
- Collaborate with Elementary team to prepare craft and hands-on learning activities each week.
- Greet parents and volunteers and assist with child check-in process.
- Collect first time guest information and volunteers and submit to administrative assistant.
Children’s Ministry Key Programs and Events (outside of Sunday Morning)
Weekday programs: school year
- COTW/TWMS Chapel Time – Wednesday & Thursday mornings (Special Easter & Christmas)
- Elementary Wed. evening ministry
Seasonal / Special Events
- CM Camp 247
- Vacation Bible School
- Children’s Christmas Eve and Easter Eve worship services
- Father/Daughter Dance
- Mother/Son Spring Event
- Family Mission projects
Contact Martina Murphy at MMurphy@twumc.org. No phone calls please.
Children's Ministry: Sunday Ministry Lead
The Sunday Ministry Lead role has been designed to give children a consistent adult staff presence in Children’s Ministry on Sundays, while providing the right tone and environment for learning. The Sunday Ministry Lead is responsible for having a dedicated weekly focus on sharing biblical truths about Jesus Christ in a fun and exciting way.
- Preparing the classroom/learning area on Sundays
- Providing direction to volunteer and intern team
- Welcoming children and families as they arrive
- Take attendance and offering
- Lead large group learning
- Reinforcing and facilitating small group activities
- Concluding the lesson and dismissing students
- Clean up the environment
Skills and requirements
The Sunday Ministry Lead serves on Sundays from 8:00 am-12:30 pm. Curriculum is provided; Sunday Ministry Leader is simply presenting the prepared lesson weekly. Arrangements can be made if Ministry Leader needs to miss an occasional Sunday. The position is based on a weekly stipend and assumes a minimum of 46 Sundays per year; no health benefits are provided.
The ideal candidate is high energy, loves kids, enjoys being on a stage on a mic, and is gifted in teaching about the Lord. Candidates will work directly with Early Childhood, Elementary, or Intermediate Ministry Teams. Candidates will be asked to participate in a Saturday night experience as part of the interview process.
Contact Julie Crocker at JCrocker@twumc.org
. No phone calls please.
Children's Ministry: College Summer Internship
The Children’s Ministry College Internship offers students (currently enrolled in college and completed Freshman year) an experience to work hands-on in a ministry setting focused on bringing the message of God’s love to children and families. This is a great opportunity for students who are curious about a career in ministry, though this is not a specific requirement of the internship.
Summer internships are temporary positions that begin on or around June 1 and end on or around August 12. Sundays are required. Typical work schedule will be 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and 7:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. on Sundays. Some weeks may require more hours and some may require less, depending on the activities planned each week.
Ideal candidates are:
- Actively pursuing a relationship with Jesus Christ
- Energetic, hard-working and creative people willing to do a wide range of tasks
- Passionate about working with children ages 3 to 12 years of age in many different settings
- Strong ability to build relationships with children and volunteers
Summer Intern Duties:
- Participate in the planning and delivery of weekly Sunday School for Pre-School, Elementary and Intermediate Ministries
- Teach large group lessons
- Lead small groups of children
- Assist with logistics including children’s check-in, volunteer placement, classroom prep and clean up.
- Participate in the planning and delivery of large and small scale summer events
- Assist with preparations for VBS, Camp, 56 Day Camp and other summer events
- Participate in the program planning process for large group and worship experiences
- Attend most summer events with a focus on building relationships with children
- Assist with all on-site event logistics including set up and clean up
- Other duties as assigned by Children’s Ministry staff
The Children’s Ministry Department at The Woodlands UMC offers a variety of ministry opportunities throughout the summer. Interns are required to work in all areas, including but not limited to:
- Sunday morning Sunday School
- Vacation Bible School/ Day Camp/ Camp 247
- Summer fun events
- Summer mission opportunities
Because of our desire to live according to Scripture and the high visibility our children’s ministry team has in the community, summer interns commit to exhibit a Christ-like character in their attitudes, actions and lifestyle. The attached ministry covenant should be read, agreed to and signed along with an application and consent for background check.
Contact Chris McLain at CMcLain@twumc.org
. No phone calls please.
Children's Ministry: Intern
This is a part-time position with no benefits created for high school students age 16 or older.
Shift schedules include Sundays and/or Saturday nights and Children’s Ministry-sponsored events serving children ages 3-12 years of age.
- Greet families and students as they arrive on Sundays and events.
- As an intern your primary focus is to help ensure that every child is greeted, encouraged, interacted with and engaged in program activity.
- Help set up and lead Sunday School, events, crafts, activities and clean up.
- Support Ministry Directors and Ministry Leaders.
- Arrive and Sign in on time for scheduled shifts.
- Behavior in the community and your online presence must be compatible with values and beliefs of our church. Your online social networks should be accessible to CM Staff.
Skills and requirements
Strong interpersonal skills, enjoy children, role model for young children and a growing Christian that feels comfortable sharing their faith with others. Creative artistic talents in music, drama and art a plus.
Contact Julie Crocker at JCrocker@twumc.org. No phone calls please.